Our First Night in Tombstone.

We left Yuma at 10:00 am on the 31st of January, it was a windy five-hour drive. When we finally arrived at Wells Fargo RV Park, the girls and I went in search of a playground. Luckily for us, there was a small park with swings right next door to the O.K. Corral. They swung for a little while then decided to take a stroll around a block to see what they could find.

Feels good pumping our legs feels good after being the car.

Thank goodness that the tombstone store started closing early otherwise we would have been going into every shop and been late getting dinner started.

Pork loin roasting on the grill and broccoli steaming by 5:00 pm. We were eating by 5:45 pm. After dinner, the Kids watched the new minions movie that came out two years ago but finally showed up on Netflix while dad and I took an after-dinner stroll. We ended making one stop at Big Nose Kates for a drink.

I had no idea what I wanted so the guy behind the bar made me a loopy lemonade. It was a little too sweet for me but it tasted good.

The bartender had me put my phone on camera and invited us behind the bar. Once behind the bar, he proceeded to hand us hats and guns (the guns were not loaded every safety precaution was made). After he walked back around the bar he started putting us in multiple poses and took our pictures. I felt a little awkward and uncomfortable at first but it was fun to do.

Should have left my hair down the hat would of fit better.

Moving on to February first. We all worked on school. Math, science, and language arts were done the girls and I took off for some girl time and watched a gunfight between Ringo, Minor, and Sherif Baker. This gunfight was not historically accurate but was a great comedy to see. I did a live feed on my Facebook page so I, unfortunately, do not have a video to share. But below are some pictures of the girls having some fun while we wait for the show to begin.

Cheese! Take a picture mom.
We could not resist this picture op. I should have posed her like Wednesday Adams.
Oh well, at least I remembered to have this one do it.
It is almost time for the show to begin.

After lots of laughter, booing and cheering it was time to go on a trolley tour. During the tour, we learned that Tombstone had two major fires one in June 1881 and the other in May 1882. After both fires, the town was rebuilt within six months. If you would like more information I have a link provided below.


The tour was complete we headed right back to the camper for some food. When lunch was eaten we headed out and tried some prickly pear ice cream., explored some shops, and went to the rose garden museum. Below are some pictures of the rose garden for your enjoyment.

This is the story of the rose tree.
It was not blooming but it was beautiful to see.
Being on this platform we were able to see the greenery on top of the trellis.

Today was a long day of exploration and learning. I know I did not touch a whole lot on the educational part but there is just too much history for me to write about. If you would like to learn more feel free to click on the link above.

Thank you for stopping by and reading/looking at the pictures. I hope your Wednesday went well.


By Fulltiming in the US

Where to begin! I am first a mom of three; one boy and two girls. We travel around the US with my husband and homeschool on the road! last year I learned to make homemade soap and sell it for a small income.


Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: